The MagicMirror project was originally developed for RaspPi, it has taken off with community developed modules for many smart home and information services. The Intel NUC serving as gateway allows for the full extension of AI and Machine Learning.
- Camera to do face recognition and context switching - (Cloud trained model executes local - can be accelerated )
(i.e. when I walk up to the mirror it recognizes me, presents my calendar and email vs. when another user walk up)
- Voice Recognition/Control - Integrating voice with SDKs (Google, Amazon and Mycroft)
- Full Port of Amazon's Deep Lens (https://aws.amazon.com/deeplens/) funning on Intel NUC
- Smart Home Power Metering - IoT Hardware + anomaly detection using ML
- HDMI video output to mirror for heads up display
Demo of Deep Learning - cloud trained model using Jupyter notebooks and Amazon's Sagemaker. Cloud trained models execute locally on Ubuntu Linux on NUC gateway.
Node.js for UI